Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 12, 2009

the waiting game

I'm layin in wait in recovery. It's 8pm amd I came for surgery at 7:30.  I have been kept comfy and given the luxuries of "room priveledges," a visitor and eatin or diet progression.  So technical. I was not blessed with a foley catheter. I don't know who came from on high to make that decision, probably someone whoe cares about me getting an infection.  I still want a catheter. No catheter does not mean I'm walking to the potty. It's a bed pan for me babby. Right now I'm crossing my legs waiting to get to my room so I don't have to pee in the middle of a party, even with a curtain, I feel exposed.I did keep myself entertained by watching the quesi-crashing patient. He tore out his A line, which is directly in his artery. When removed quickly spurts all over. He was flailing enough to buy him some restraints and then after calming down he chastised the nurse for talking to herself.   I know one person who has been known to act up like that....... I bet you can guess who .......    Ok ok  The aline thing only happen once, but that's probably since I've only had an aline once.  I am hoping to make it to my roon for lie to mr. I've missed house. At least I know what to catch on hulu or fox.com tomorrow, maybe I'll do that along with grey's anotamy.    Big plans people big plans for while I'm recovering and waiting for the biopsy info to come in. This takes up to 48 hours due to the growing process. The schmutz needs to be gathered then sent to microbio and patho where they can either view it through a scope or place it on mediums to grow. Once we can tell what it is we can treat it and maybe, just maybe, we can locate a possible source. I'm concerned its in my house but now, I'm playing the waiting game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh, all you have been through and you can still use the word schmutz. Be well friend.

ps House was stupid

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary.....Thinking of you a praying for good results...Idalina