Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mad As Hell

In a recent polling published in The Valley news 72 percent of americans are "mad as hell " regarding the state of the economy and 57 percent now belive their children will inherit a world worse than ours. 
Ouch, it seems like we are all wondering around with a nasty bleak outlook and I'm willing to bet those numbers will jump since the public option got the cold shoulder the other day. 
Apparently some republicans(sen. Jim bunning rep kent) believe the private sector will eventually gain a conscience and begin policing themselves, just like our bankers did.
 Unless tort reform or legislation is introduced to protect patients against discriminatory practices within the health care system, such as purging or rejecting due to pre existing conditions, illness will continue to bankrupt americans daily. 
It would be simpler to add a public option to give the money grubbing, profit hungry insurance industry some competition to keep them honest. They can't be trusted to let their conscience be their guide. Something needs to be put in place to save patients like me.

No comments: