Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lovin' Today

Awwww, I'm loving today. I'm lovin that I"m missed! 
I am interesting and cool enough that a couple days gone causes withdrawals.
 How cool am I? Go ahead just vote me coolest cancer patient ever.
 Want more news? I'm goin to be an aunt, again! My sister and her husband are in the process of delivering child #2: preston. I now have Pierce and Preston Wellington as relatives. 
How could I NOT be cool having family members with those uppity names. 
I feel like I should get dressed up just to see the guy coming into the world. 
We as a family had to do a little intervention since Heather's urge to nest was stronger than the pain of her contractions. I caught her out trying to grocery shop to stalk up the house despite having regular contractions.
I reminded her how pissed she'd be if she got halfway through her shopping and her water broke. All that work would be done for nothing.
She sat on the other line doing lamaze breathing along with a little "Ahhhh Haaaahhh," momma screams.
She ended going to the hospital straight from grocery store, can't imagine why.
Keep your fingers crossed I have a gorgeous healthy new nephew.
 

No comments: