Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Little R&R

I got out of my chair and walked to my bedroom completely forgetting about my oxygen, and I made it! 
It was fabulous, a complete relief off my shoulders. I made it all through my day: washed up, got dressed, went to a dr's appt, full day without needing my supplement. 
Everybody keep thinking healing Hillary thoughts. 
The plan is to relax, rest until nov. 
Sounds like a while. Makes me a little nervous that my cancer could flare back up. I'm worried with being out of sight I'll be out of mind. 
Right now, I'm enjoying my R and R watching Dr.Phil. The topic today: why woman have sex. 
I don't know how you can talk up an hour or write a whole book about this. I always thought the reasons were pretty clear, if it needs a reason at all.  
But times have changed and whoa sex for ipods, "trial runs," to try it with a different race/age/sex, and finally, to spread a disease.
To spread disease?! Yeah, they said it. Can I hear a unanimous YUCK. 
Is everybody forgetting that ladies don't kiss and tell? Maybe what's ladylike has changed a little. Here is the generational change conundrum. 
At the risk of sounding unladylike, I want to know who I have to give it up to so I get platinum plus, Grade A++ health care.
But whoa diseases, an ipod won't cover your HIV treatment. 
Anyway, I'm a lucky girl to get to hide away in my house pondering such indepth topics of human nature, forget the quest to cure my cancer once and for all. 
I have weeks for this lifestyle: the chest tube stays in until nov 3 unless I notice the air leak has stopped. I have an appointment in Boston with alyea for the first day I could get one: nov. 5. I always offer in my appt. to set up my own appt with an outside doc, then I kick myself in the ass when I get the bulldog bouncer secretary who is hired specifically to screen callers so the doctor, NP or nurse is not bothered with calls like mine. 
Saying silly things like, "he said to do this or that or the other thing" doesn't get you anywhere because the secretary is on real time, baby.
 I really think I'll stop offering to facilitate communication between hospitals because it usually ends up with me frustrated, pissed, or crying and calling up the original doctor I've spoken to.

1 comment:

Katie St.M. said...

You ARE never out of mind, or far away from my thoughts, Hill!

Love,
Katie