Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, October 23, 2009

Good news!

I don’t see an airleak!

I have been looking, deep breathing and coughing while I watch for my nasty drainage to bubble up and nothing! I’ve got nothing.

I think my lung may have healed!

All those thoughts, prayers and love are working.

Now, I wonder what I should do with this.

If it’s really better, maybe I can get checked by the surgeon next week and have it pulled then.

No reason to be lugging around this tube for nothing.

I am still draining, but not much, maybe 50-100 mls.

Unfortunately, since I am an outpatient, now we need to be absolutely sure that my lung an handle remaining inflated by itself, because if it doesn’t, I’m at home.

My lung failing to work, anywhere, constitutes an emergency.

I think I’ll call the surgeon’s office today.

And of course, even though I just spoke to Dr. G yesterday, there was something I forgot.

I don’t think I need to take my avelox, since that was prescribed for my lung infection that turned out to be the worst case scenario: fibrotic, scarred lung tissue with NOTHING pathological.

I really wish there was something I could kick over this.

But then I’d wind up getting winded and passing out on my ass.

Anyway, this is a double edged sword. Call too much, you risk bothering people, becoming a hassle.

Don’t call I could screw myself up, but generally, I end up doing the latter. I treat myself.

The avelox is out. I’m keeping the doxyxycline and bactrim.

I’ve also cut my pain meds a little.

Let’s not get excited here.

I try to tinker with my pain control all the time, but with the biopsy I am now able to breath, yawn, sneeze, cough, and move without the extreme pain.

I dropped my long term morphine dose to 60mg in the mornings and 30mg in the afternoon and in the evening.

This is all a good sign.

I’m well enough to get bored and play with my medications.

2 comments:

brynn said...

yeah! i sending more positive thoughts!!!!

A lil Bit O'Lula said...

:)
So glad you are seeing positive signs!!! Keep those lungs going!!!
Lots of Love,
Lula
Ps. Let me know when you're ready for a visitor... whether it be weeks/months from now...Lots of catching up to do when you're up for it! xo