Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, January 5, 2009

HONORARY KEENE STATER

I'm sending out some love and a big thank you to Scottie (and, I assume, his girlfriend :), who is a great shopper) and Butch from KSC for making me an honorary Keene Stater.
I hear the jacket will get embroidered, but I'll need to take it off before that can happen.

You'll get it back to put my title on it tomorrow, if my father and I remember. . .

Let's give a big round of applause for these men who helped cultivate me into the strong women I am today.

Thank them both for letting me know how to step up.

Just a funny story to outline how I was raised. ... it's time I admitted most my male role models are soccer houligans.

On tour in Italy we stayed at a hostel located in a church overnight after one of our games, unbeknownst to my father, "Vino Vic," and some of his buddies, the church locked their doors at a certain hour.

Coming home after a bender only to discover they had been locked out of their place to sleep was a problem.

None of them were willing to go back to their college days and pass out under a bush like they should have, instead they decided the best option was to scale the gate and break in.

Luckily, they did this without getting caught.

I can only imagine what may have happened if the Italian policia discovered a group of drunk American grown men breaking into a church in the early am.

Thanks for the uplift. I'll be back in the game soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give anyone and everyone a hand for making you into the strong person you are....

Anonymous said...

I know some of those men ... & Hill ... trust me when I say you have a whole lot more class than they do!! ;o)

But I won't spoil their reputations by "outing" them & telling of their shannanigans.

You rock kiddo!!

F