Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hilary's Prayer


"I AM WHO I AM" (Exodus 3:14)

Creation should be "that what did not exist began to exist, not that what had begun to exist would cease to exist."

"No longer did it look upon the life of this body as troublesome or wearisome, but believed it to be what the alphabet is to children... namely, as the patient endurance of the present trials of life."

PRAY

Instead of being discouraged by your exile, you used your time to study and write. Help us to bring good out of suffering and isolation in our own lives and see adversity as an opportunity to learn about or share our faith. Amen

SURPRISE: I didn't write this.

These are the words and prayers of St.Hilary of Poitiers (France) He is most known for his hymns of propaganda he wrote himself to spread the faith against adversaries. His hymns are the first in the West with a known writer.

St. Hilary, of France, married with a daughter, who was exiled and spent the time in isolation writing and studying the world in order to spread his message.

I am so delighted and amazed to discover his existence.

I found the prayer to St.Hilary at http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=55

His feast day is January 13, the day after my PET scan.

Do you think we'll be celebrating that day?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bet we'll be celebrating! :)

Anonymous said...

Hilly, we Celebrate you every day no matter what the circumstances...you are well worth celebrating!!!!! You are one amazing young lady!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hillary,

A friend has been kind enough to keep me apprised of your progress. Although I've never met you, I feel as though I've known you for a very long time. I want you to know that you've been an inspiration to me. When life occasionaly throws me a bad pitch, I think about how strong you've been, and how you've maintained such a positive attitude in the face of so much adversity. Keep up the good fight...and God Bless You!