Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The day in pictures Jan28

Me and a transplant buddy. We welcome you to Dana Farber


It was a LONG day today, full of adventures,
just the driving was an experience in itself, but like true New Englanders we weathered the storm in my quest for health.
Both appointments, one with the dermatologist and another with a nutritionist, both went great. I'm feeling confident and motivated at the very least.
I'll keep you posted and give you more details later when I am not so exhausted from all the excitement.
For now, check out the pics.

Mom, X and I stayed at my second home, my new digs, my sister's place in Natick.

It took a minor act of God to get us into the city, but the weather did generally behave despite reports of 16-20" of snow (WAY OFF, PEOPLE. Reality was more like 3-6")







Here is my very favorite place to relax at The Farber, but I'm not saying where it is. . .





Of course, the mom, my rock and personal support person, geared up and ready for a day of healing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your day went well sweetheart! You are sooo very loved by your amazing family and friends!! Hope you are resting now!! Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day! It is great to hear you are feeling positive. I know the last couple of weeks have been difficult! I love X's hair cut in the picture! Have a great time with your sister (get your shoes back!!!).

Anonymous said...

Yay for Nancy, the bestest support person/Mom ever placed on the face of the earth. Love to you both!!!

Alanna

PS...we got PLENTY of snow up here. You didn't miss anything!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary, I'm one of Frank's wide network of friends and have been hoping and praying for you from the very first day he introduced you to us. I have no idea what it is like living with cancer, but I am now far more educated about the disease because of you. I admire your spunk and can-do attitude and find your blog thought provoking, powerful and witty. Loved the piece about the battles between you and Heather. One suggestion I have as an outlet for Xanders's rage is creating a cancer piƱata or punching bag. Thanks for being so honest with us. Keep the faith and keep flashing that beautiful smile.

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good girl!! Love the pictures ... & the spunk. Know that I'm thinking of you ... & pulling for you.

Tell X that I've warned the frogs he is coming this summer ... I can hear them quivering under the ice!! ;o)

Be strong sweetie ... & know you are in my thoughts.

F