Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Talk with Doc

Hi had a frank talk with Doc, my surrogate dad.
It went like this, “No sneaking out of your hotel room and shopping.”
End of discussion.
Thanks Doc. My real dad would never say that to me.
I can probably decorate his house off the internet and with samples.
Really though, I’m going to keep myself on lock this time. I’m discharged on Friday.
Deep down though, I’d really to wake up and have my doctor (or his PA, whoever) come in tomorrow and diagnosis me with munchausen by proxy.
Then I could just get sent home and pretend this never happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you removed the profanity :)!! That was so funny last night. I check in on you multiple times each day and have put an icon for your blog on the ER's computer. Thinking of you often. Love John & Laura