Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm a Lymphomaniac


I’m a lymphomaniac. I keep getting lymphoma over and over again. I just can’t stay away from it.

Maybe I’m a little bit of a masochist. I like pain and punishment. I always said I was not a masochist. I did not like pain, and this is why I am NOT a Red Sox fan.

We do have a bet on, however, and the odds are serious! If the infamous Dana Farber Hospital can cure my lymphomaniac ways, then I’ll convert to a Red Sox fan for the rest of my long healthy life. I’ll proudly wear my pink red sox hat emblazed with Dana Farber Cancer Institute on the side.

Here it is for everybody to hear. These are the odds. If I get cured I’ll ditch my Yankee loving ways and become a Red Sox fan.

My husband may kick me out, so this is serious, but Xander will be happy his mom has finally made it to the “good side.”

No comments: